Re: AMA at Bonneville??

To: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>, <ardunbill@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: AMA at Bonneville??
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:07:18 -0800
List; I was looking in these old rule books and notice that the class breaks
are different in fuel and gas classes in 66. Keith's car would be a "C" fuel
coup with a 306 to 488 cid limit. There is no class above "C". It would also
be a "C" gas coup but the brakes are 336 to 384 inches. In the 76 rule book
there is a AMA unofficial electric record of 165.367 set by M. Corbin in '74
but still awaiting recognition. Don and Rick Vesco have records on
Bridgestone Motorcycles as well as Yamaha. Only current list member I see is
Keith Young with the Young Bros. roadster GMC powered at 170.713. It takes
three pages to list all the car records. Maybe that was good.  Rich Fox