Re: NOS Question

To: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>, "Ed Van Scoy"
Subject: Re: NOS Question
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:41:07 -0600
I was kinda informed that my Box was going to be a No go next year... so I
have spent a week moving the stuff to the trunk and adding another 15lb
bottle mount... So now we are going to have 30lbs of N2O in the Trunk...

ended up leaving the Nitrogen in the car... but redesigned and manufactured
the new mounting hardware... something I wanted to do last year but didn't
have the Time....

Keith

----------
> From: Rick Byrnes <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
> To: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net>; Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
> Cc: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: NOS Question
> Date: Monday, January 22, 2001 11:47 AM
>
> When building the Merkur, I viewed that as long as the fuel source is
> contained within a sealed area, it was OK. (I know, nitrous is not a
fuel) .
> I installed an 8 gallon ATL fuel cell in the spare tire well and covered
> with a semi permanent (with access off course) sheet metal cover that
> basically sealed it off from the driver compartment.  If the Vette has
such
> a tire well, might it work for a Nitrous bottle.  I think their intent is
> prevent fuel from spilling and getting on the pilot.  I'll bet this part
of
> tech requirements was written before the first NOS bottle showed up on
the
> salt.
>
> Rick Byrnes

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]