Re: NOS Question

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: NOS Question
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:45:56 -0500
I would personally think that the engine compartment or any
place that gets very hot is the worst place for a pressure
vessel.. Kinda why they have the blow off valve... The odds
of the bottle bursting are mighty slim with the blow off
valve vented to the outside.. I would personally think that
every bottle that has blown up has had a tampered with blow
off. The physics behind how they work is just too reliable
to fail under any kind off normal installation. I think idea
of a container ie. metal box was a good one. Why the change
again? what test data has some one come up with or what
failure of this device occured that prompts the new change?
has there been an occurance of the box blowing up too and
giving way? The box in keith Turks car was much thicker and
offered more protection than any of the 'firewalls' I have
ever seen at B'ville.
Dave Dahlgren

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]