Data Acquisition

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Data Acquisition
From: Daniel Wright <daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:12:57 -0700
Hi
I think there has already been some discussion about on board data
acquisition systems.  I am particulary interested on the application of
computers toward the nuts and bolts of landspeed racing.  Please share your
knowledge about:
What information is best (most useful) to record?
What commonly recorded information is least useful?
What sort of sensors and where are they being used?
What info would you want to log on a 'liner vs a production class car?
What do you do with the info when you have it.
Which currently avaliable systems would one want to look at for a car
currently under construction?

Dan Wright

It's amazing what you can do if you don't know it can't be done.