Re: International/attitudes

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Subject: Re: International/attitudes
From: "\"LandSpeed\" Louise Ann Noeth" <lanspeed@west.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 11:37:04 -0800
Joe

There is strength in numbers, so the more lsr racers that hold the
same view, the more likely it is we can get something changed to
reflect the achievements of the racers. In a democracy, the majority
rules, but if the majority doesn't have the energy to get things
changed, the status quo remains the same.

Having personally helped to effect policy change at the Federal level,
from within the presidential cabinet, I tell you this is how it
works -- and works well. We are a "special interest" group and we need
to show a united front to not only the government (so we have a place
to race) but to those who would control the events and records the
results. Time consuming, yes, worth it? In my opinion, utterly!

It seems there are many who wish to continue the discussion, so we
will do so -- on the list -- and respectfully ask those who do not
wish to participate to exercise their "delete" key, or just ignore us.

The children's book was developed mainly for the school market, I do
not know if mainstream bookstores carry it. I had to special order a
supply to get any. Tell me what you want to do, I will send them, or
you can search with the ISBN.

Either way.
Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]