Re: International/attitudes

To: "\"LandSpeed\" Louise Ann Noeth" <lanspeed@west.net>,
Subject: Re: International/attitudes
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 03:59:33 -0600
Hey Louise... I wasn't cutting off the Debate at all.... In fact I would
like for it to continue... as I think there is Merit to the foundation of an
organization that oversees World records and attempts...

It's important in any debate not to let it degrade to the level of name
calling...( that is what you end up with when you don't have a Proper answer
for the other persons opinion)

On the List we all have to enjoy everyone else passion... we would do it
privately also.... ( hey I like Brad's tractors...don't want one but I
appreciate them)

Okay here is where I disagree so far.... I don't need another country to
call my record valid.... Sorry... in Europe another country is less then a
State away here in the US....I been through 11 countries in Europe in Less
time then it takes me to get to Bonneville.... So to pay for someone from
another country to certify something isn't workable in my opinion...

Secondly.... It's my belief that you HAVE to include all competitors and
thier vehicles.... this organization can't Let the Rocket Bike Not have a
Place.... or the Toyota Diesel pick up.   Or the Bar stool.... I know
several of you don't like the Bar Stool based on it's relationship to
Drinking and Driving.... Personally I think that is a stretch....  USFRA has
set up a class of racing and defined the rules for that racing.... I think
there oughta be a World record for each of these classes.... Funny thing is
that it is the one form that could be done about anywhere....

Keith ( let the fun begin not END )