Re: more liner layout

To: "paulblandavon" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: more liner layout
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:51:43 -0600
Howdy,
  I run solid axles, no suspension, and I really think that if I had 1
inch  !!! of travel, the car would go faster. I've seen suspension used
that is a rubber air pressured machine mount (made by Goodyear, called
"goodyear super-cushion mini lobe",  that qualifies as both spring and
shock to the tech guys. (by the way, the rule states "all sprung wheels
must have etc...."

At 04:53 AM 2/3/01, you wrote:
>list, thanks for the advice so far,I'm trying to get some basic design
>parameters down on paper  and I need some help r.e. rules I've got the 2000
>S.C.T.A. rule book it states  all wheels must have a shock absorber, and no
>tripod front ends allowed, does this apply to  liners? I've been advised to
>run solid axles at both ends,any comments/advice? thanks Paul.

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316