Re: more liner layout

To: glen barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: more liner layout
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:59:13 -0500
What???? Arms fold under side load??? Geez quit getting them
off a 54 Chevy then.. The g loadings on the salt are so
modest as to be not worth considering. What about all those
Indy car A-arms folding up? who is the one that came up with
this theory? We do not have tires that will contain any sort
of side load in the first place. When was the last time an
A-arm folded up on the salt? Cars that can generate the
highest lateral forces all seem to have a-arms. Do you think
you can exceed 2 g's lateral load with the tires we have
without the tire slipping on the salt? Joe Timney help me
here i am drowning in this one...
Dave Dahlgren (a very confused guy over this one!)