Re: ahhh the Gator story

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, <Flowbench@aol.com>, <speedtimer@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: ahhh the Gator story
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:13:22 -0800
A friend bought a '62 Corvette that had been rolled and re-built the car.
In the process he drove it with major parts exposed and used it in some
rather rough conditions.  We had a club at college that used a rabbit hunt
as a rush activity and it included some of the alum's in the party.  We
drove down to an area about twenty miles from Delta, UT and camped out over
night before the hunting started the next morning.  Well, we got antsy about
nine in the evening about getting some good hunting and headed out in the
other direction from the intended hunt to see if we could turn up some
bunnies with spotlights.  There was no top on the car, no seat on the
passengers side, the driving lights were airplane landing light units and we
could see for several hundred yards down the dirt roads.  I'm braced against
the back of the passenger side in a semi-standing position so I can shoot
over the windshield.  Quite soon we turn up some rabbits and since they
don't stay on the road, we have to go after them ... right?  Ever try to
brace yourself in a car, aim a 22 rifle, spot your prey and hit it while the
driver is driving through the boonies avoiding sagebrush, junipers, rabbit
brush and rocks?  I switched to my trusty Colt Woodsman pistol and had
better luck.

We were lucky to have friends the next morning when we found a flat tire on
the car, we didn't have a jack.  Several guys to lifted the 'Vette and put a
rock under the axle.  Changed tires ... we did have a good spare and a tool
box with the right size wrench ... and made it home safely.  And we had a
good hunt as well.  If forty guys with 22's didn't get the rabbit the one
with a 12 gauge shotgun on full choke took care of it.

Good thing I have all girls,  don't know today if I would be too happy if a
son come home and told me he had done the same thing.

Wes