Re: minimum speed?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: minimum speed?
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:01:21 -0800
I didn't agree but I don't run there so.....

By there do you mean El Mirage?

If so, there are established minimums for classes without existing records.
By and large the minimums have proven to be somewhat realistic, for example
Glen Necessary broke a record in D/BGMR last Nov. by less that 1 mph.

The reason we have minimums at El Mirage is that the point system is based
on your speed vrs. class record or minimum. If there were no minimums you
could not compute the points. If you established a minimum speed of 150 mph
for all entrants when do you tell someone they cannot run any more? A speed
of 150 would certainly cut down on the number of entrants in the lower cubic
inch classes or the "running for fun" guy who cannot make 150. Good for the
fast guys but, who is going to pay the tab when your entry is down to about
30? Costs to put the meet on remain the same.

Dan W