Re: minimum speed?

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Subject: Re: minimum speed?
From: Kris Wright <kw@cimsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:40:34 -0700
Ardun Doug,

You said it well and I thoroughly agree.
I feel like adding some of my own thoughts, since
I've been lurking for at least two months:

The variety of cars, speeds and especially some of the
"why didn't I think of that" innovations or the "that's a really
wierd design but it works" contraptions incorporated in these
different vehicles is what attracted Dan & I to the great
sport of LandSpeed Racing.

We helped WOS Pres Gary Allen crew at last year's
Speedweek.  Yeah, it was hot, yeah, it was the second day
and the line was long and slow.  But the experiences I had
in that two hour wait will be forever remembered.  Like
realizing we were right behind those Maxton - East Coast
Timing guys and getting to finally meet them after many
emails.  Like the nice nap I had on Gary's cool van floor.
Like drinking most of Gary's Gateraid and thankful for every sip.
Like the excitement of finally getting to the starting line and
helping him strap in, roll up windows, etc.  Like chasing after
him in his Speedy van, trying to video his whole run.
I could go on and on, cause he got into impound on that run,
even tho the guy with the tubo got the record.

Dan & I were privileged and thrilled to watch as Ardun
Doug King got his 200 mph hat right there on the salt.

The point of this long-winded testimonial is that the
variety of the cars is what makes LandSpeed Racing.  How else
can we get to know such a variety of people and
have the variety of experiences?

Let them all come, pay their fees and experience it with
their own type of vehicle.

Kris Wright
USFRA advertising and registration
and sometimes Office Manager
Cimarron Software, Inc.
The Laboratory and Workflow Analysis Company