RE: Experience/seat time

To: "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>, Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Experience/seat time
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:46:04 -0700

This is an excellent thread.  "Visualization" is a well accepted sports
training technique.  Like the Army says "You fight the way you train."
(Sorry for the flashback, Keith).

The famous motorcycle road racer, Kenny Roberts described a technique he
used that he called "packets of information."  Things happen much too fast
during a race to simply react, you must be prepared in advance.  By
anticipating as many conceivable situations as possible before hand it is
possible to chose the right "packet" instantly.  When thinking a situation
through, try to imagine as many variables as possible and how that would
change the action taken.

Whenever I find out a person has had an accident (or near one) I usually try
to find out what happened, why and what they did or didn't do that made the
difference.  (Storing away packets.)

As Vince Lombardi said "Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice
makes perfect."

Dale C.

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..