Checklists

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Checklists
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 17:07:14 -0500
Got to looking at my checklists.... and was going to have to transcribe it
to sent it to someone who asked for it.... then I got to thinking about
it.... Maybe we can develope some lists here....

the reason I say Lists.... is because in all our cases there are 7 seperate
cases where we are getting ready to race or shutdown the car.... and each of
those is distinct in it's own right thou several proceedures cross over....
let me start this out by giving you what I percieve as the 7 times we might
use a check list

1. Race prep in the shop
2. Trailer loading
3. Pit Prep at the event
4. starting line proceedures
5. engine start and race proceedures
6. shut down and data collection
7. unloading and race car storage

I think most of us simply rely on that uncommon thing called common sense..
but maybe by going through each of these individually we can help the new
guys establish a quality pattern of racing thier cars... one thats better
then the habits we developed?  What ya think?

Keith