Nitromethane

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Nitromethane
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 17:10:56 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Folks, didn't see any mushroom clouds from the numbers I put out
about nitro Hemis the other day, maybe they are in the ballpark.

Couple more from our theoretical 500 inch Hemi that does 1000 HP on gas,
it appears if the same engine runs N/A on straight methanol it will
produce 1100 HP, and if blown at 30 psi manifold pressure on straight
methanol, it will produce 1500 HP, same as it will unblown on straight
nitromethane.  So from what I understand this is the reason people are
allowed to run their choice of blown methanol or unblown nitro heads up
in NHRA Top Alcohol dragracing.  Cheers Bill