Re: Tilton Clutch stuff

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Tilton Clutch stuff
From: tim schoeny <tschoen@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 22:40:29 -0400
This is where I now have a problem-a mile is a relatively short distance,if
assisted starts are allowed whats to keep someone from taking this to an
extreme?So I use a 600 cu in dragster to push(or pull) a car to the 3/4 mi. mark
and then coast thru at 250 mph-does that make sense?Ok it's an extreme
example,but illustrates the problem of not having a standard starting line
procedure-whats a record at Maxton or anywhere else worth if one can use any
means of launching the car for an unspecified distance to an unspecified
speed?Not much in my opinion.I'm not ragging on you or anyone else,but this
seems like a fairly important concept in keeping things "even" at least at the
same venue.Say what you will about NHRA-but a 1/4 mile from a dead stop is
exactly the same wherever you go.