Re: Tilton Clutch stuff

To: tim schoeny <tschoen@fuse.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tilton Clutch stuff
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 21:56:25 -0700
Tim,

Like the salt flats, everyone has their own way of getting started.  The
timing is down the track, you're not worried about an et . . . the top speed
is the only concern.  I've seen a supercharged Chrysler powered CJ-5 used as
a push vehicle on the Vesco streamliner . . . gets them up to over 90 before
pulling off but the gearing was such that the car was still accelerating as
it went through the clocks on the third mile.  After they put the turbine in
it they can take off without a push but I think that will change soon.  Just
part of the event.

Wes