Re: Earnhardt Crash

To: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Subject: Re: Earnhardt Crash
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:48:21 -0700
Doug,
My 2-cents worth on Earnhardt's crash. I was watching it on TV and did
not even consider the crash a life threatening event, just went on
enjoying the finish of the race. After seeing pictures and watch it
again, in my opinion the critical factor was the double whammy Dale got
from hitting the wall and the hit from the side by Marlin. The side hit
was very hard and happened almost at the same time as hitting the wall.
Just a theory. I still miss him terribly when watching these events.

Tom, Redding Ca - #216 D/GCC