Re: Lessman Streamliner

To: nafzger@vtc.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lessman Streamliner
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:24:15 -0000
       PICK ME.  I WANT TO JOIN " FUDDY DUDDY RACERS" TOO!

                              -dA' dOuG DoWn sOuTh  -NuYawK tHeT iS....

                          -----------------------

From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>

Bryan,
  I don't disagree with what you said but as a guy who has personally
financed and built two streamliners, I don't want to see it in our sport. It
adds cost and takes control away from the driver. We have the technology
today to run the car without a driver. Who wants that? Until someone steps
up and offers to provide the systems at no cost, most of us don't want
engine management or traction control. In fact if it was free I would not
want it.
  Maybe we need to form an organization of old fashioned traditionalist
fuddy
duddy racers like me and Tom who want to build and drive our own stuff
without all this outside stirring about high technology. One group for
racers and one group for technocrats.
  If that doesn't start a riot, then I have lost my touch
  Howard