Re: Armstrong shocks

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Armstrong shocks
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 17:14:57 -0000
Say Doug,  I too love those lil' mini's!  I learned to drive a "4 speed on
the dash" in one wayyyyy way back in I guess 1960 0r so....

I dearly would love to have one of my own.

A couple years ago I watched one tear everyone up at the vintage teabag
races at Lime Rock Conn.  The guy kept tradin' the lead with a guy inna
spiffy "race preped to the gills" porch roadster(mebbe was a 356?) until he
spun in "the esses" and onto the grass -he got back with the program, and
after about 6 or 8 more laps had waded thru most of the field of about 30
cars again to finish somewhere in the middle.  You shoulda heard the crowd
groan when he spun..... and cheer with a standing ovation when the race was
over.  The closest thing I've ever seen to David and Goliath.  It really was
"a thing of beauty"

There was another guy there with the dam fastest Morris Minor you ever saw.
This was a "full size" Minor -not a mini.  This thing ran like stink as
well.  Both cars were British Racin' Green.  Bob Swanson prolly know who
those guys are as he's close to Lime Rock and goes alla time....   How 'bout
"the rest of the story" there Bob ?

Has anyone seen the "New" Mini thats coming out next year built under the
auspices of BMW ?  I saw it in Automobile magazine a month or so ago.... and
it kinda made me start dreamin about one again.  But a guy'd hafta drive one
to see if they were as much fun as the originals -which I seriously doubt
'cuz you know the Germans; they just gotta perfect everythin beyond all
limits of sense. Thusly removin' all the fun and soul of the original -not
tomention those SU carbies huh boys ?

Cheers, "Da Doug down south"  -south NuYawk thet is    :=0