Re: Armstrong shocks

To: Doug Anderson <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>, <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Armstrong shocks
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:56:50 -0700
My next door neighbor has a Morris Minor "woodie" he is saving for his
daughter's sixteenth birthday.  You get some interesting things when you
have a body shop.

A friend here in Salt Lake bought a "new '63" Mini last fall ... complete
with air bags, fuel injection and 13" wheels and correct registration as a
'63 model.  It has the correct plate on the frame but that's the only
original thing on the car.  The actual VIN plate is on the frame too but
covered with several coats of paint.  The car is fun to ride in, corners
like you remember them cornering and he drives it to and from his home in
Park City when the weather is good.  He avoids large trucks, is careful to
let people know where he is in their rear view mirrors and generally has a
ball with the car.  He bought it from an importer in the Petaluma/Santa
Rosa, CA area.  They have a web site and for a while his green and cream car
was featured on the site.  He also has a Range Rover and a Caterham 7 which
is reserved for special days on the canyon curves on I-80.  The local St
Marks Cathedral (Episcopal) has an annual British Car Show and his unique
problem is finding a way to get all of his cars to the show.  The new cars
are longer, wider and should ride better ... those Germans mess everything
up.

Wes