Re: What's up in YOUR shop

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's up in YOUR shop
From: Tom Neimeyer <tjn56@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 12:30:05 -0500
In Houston it is 92 degrees, 98% humidity, there is SWEAT in my shop.  I am
SWEATING all over a 1147cc engine that should have been together a month
ago.  I got enough parts that don't fit to make three engines if I would
have gotten the right parts.  I got pieces of 4 turobs coming from Nevada,
Shreveport, Alaska and Houston.  Hope to get enough to have 1 working turbo.
If we have time, we are adding a EGT monitor to know EGT right before we
detonate it into little pieces.  Since the carb we had worked so good last
year, we are changing to a S&S Super"B".  I've started begging and pleading
people to sell me a Mr. Turbo water injection kit (see EGT above).  Last
years steering damper was there only because the rule book said you have to
have one, this years model has hydraulic fluid in it.  Problem is it don't
fit and we need to make a new mount.

Overall I'm so depressed about whats happening in my shop, my new strategy
is to pray for rain, all August in Utah.

Tom