Re: What's up in YOUR shop

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <Want1937hd@aol.com>, <tschoen@fuse.net>
Subject: Re: What's up in YOUR shop
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 12:01:13 -0700
Hi KT;
     With UPS delivering the oil pan Friday I finally have all the parts to
put the Gardena Offy together. I stooped work on grinding and fitting roll
cage tubing, had a tidy Friday in the shop and now all is clean room
sanitary for assembly time. As I may have told you I have never been in
charge of selecting and integrating an engine assembly. Plenty of take it
apart, fix it and put it back together experience but I never had to chose
which components to use. So far I have measured all the clearances, detailed
the block, fit the rings  and washed the rotating assy parts. Time out today
for mothers day and a trip to Diest's Monday (gotta get them pesky fire
bottles certified again and order new chutes) and I will be at it again
Tuesday. I already got plenty of good advice on how to deal with spiral
locks (we always ran pin buttons in the dragster and the modified) you all
can be sure if I hit any snags I will be asking more questions.
Jim in Palmdale, where life is grand