Smokey Yunick # 1

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Smokey Yunick # 1
From: RACE427@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 18:33:38 EDT
Hi all,

       As I reflect about Smokey Yunick I realize how much I enjoyed reading
his book " Power Secrets " and he was the main reason why I subscribed to
Circle Track magazine for a few years.   He truly was a remarkable person and
one who was ahead of his time.   Someone at my job claims he was an excellent
cheater when it came to racing.  I strongly disagree, he was much, much
smarter and more savy than your average mechanic.  I know he did not like all
of the complexity built into today's electronic cars and trucks.  He also
felt the piston engine as we know has been exploited to the limit.

     He will be greatly missed by this person and it will take an awful lot
by anyone to even attempt to fill his shoes!!!!!   Really feeling the loss on
my end.  Regards to all,   Tony Greco   LI,NY