Re: What's up in YOUR shop

To: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>,
Subject: Re: What's up in YOUR shop
From: "Chris \"Dad\" Land" <eaglemot@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 21:05:39 -0400
Clay, Dale wrote:

> Supercharged ironhead Sporty ... sounds interesting.  Yes, you are taking
> the road less traveled, but there is nothing wrong with that!  Good luck and
> keep us informed of the progress.
>
> Dale C.

well guys i try to lurk and listen ,learn.but.............i have an experimental
(basic roots type) blower for a 1 litre car.a little bigger than 3 beers.a lotta
bugs i'm working on.. is cams so that won't let all my boost go out the exhaust
during overlap not a great lift as much as duration for better cyl. fill.. i
think that works better at the salt but i'm still pretty green so jump in any
time!.making mnts. that are ridgid yet adjustable mounted high under the
steering head of the harley. helps with clearances and fairing that comes
later.the carb and plenum are going to be ok ,once i can get to makling'em but
i'm driving the unit off the out put gear/shaft that used to be my generater.i
fab'ed an oil tank the size of the generater in it's place andf i'm r&d ing
bearing supports for the pulley shaft. 2 sealed bearings to hold the generater
drive gears.i hope to adjust the rpm's of the blower with the engine rpms with
the pulleys. temp #'s suggest 1:1.33 @ 6,000rpm with max boost at 10 psi.on top
of 10.5 or 9:1 compression but i can drop the boost the same way if needed.i
also need a top end retard ign. that i'm working on but i have more  passion and
tools than mopney so if it's not ready this month.maybe next cuz i'd like to run
it on the salt.this year.any suggestions are greatly appreciated. .gawd did i
leave myself wide open. dad&"LUCILLE#566