Re: What's up in YOUR shop

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What's up in YOUR shop
From: Daniel Wright <daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 08:52:17 -0600
HI
I guess I should give a bit of a shop report also.  I have been busy
fabricating various widgets for Jim Owen's Bad for Good Kawasaki
ZX-12R.  Some parts are for (hopefully) go fast and some are safety
requirements, as he is planning on running in 1350 MPS/F this year.  New
territory for us.
I have finally managed to tune the detonation out of the early hemi in my
'33 Plymouth Hot rod that had persisted since I added the 6-71 blower.  The
MSD boost retard and a change of gasoline, and an reduction in initial
timing seem to have helped a lot.
That combined with my work on getting four more models of Bonneville racers
ready for release at Speedweek this August, keeps me busy.  The model of
Tom Bryants car is just too cute!
I read the list postings each day, and am in the planning stages for a
small motorcycle powered 'liner.  The input from this list is priceless.

Dan Wright

It's amazing what you can do if you don't know it can't be done.