Odd Jobs...and a couple of questions...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Odd Jobs...and a couple of questions...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 18:53:19 -0700
Well, out here where the chill factor today was about 103 or so, I managed
to get a little done on the world's fastest Sunbeam wannabie. I solved my
problem of putting the headlight surrounds on without all the underlying
machinery and stampings in place. Also repaired some rot around one or the
turn signal assemblies but will need final TIG welds to retain in place.
And, thanks to those who know these things, I went to Home Depot in LAs
Vegas a week ago, got my piece of real LEXAN for the wind screen. Had
already made patterns for passenger and drivers side so took my heart in my
hands and began cutting with the jig saw. first piece was a reeeeaaaaallll
learning curve. But both sides are now finished and good enough for me. Jus
need to finish the center brace and I'll be done with that.

I found some EFI fuel rails for the SPYDER manifold available from Probe
Industries that are completely finished pretty cheap, injector bungs really
cheap, and a manifold to efi TB adapter also. Two kinds of these, one
vertical and one goose neck version.

I used my really old camber gage and found that my passenger side camber is
at 2 degrees and the driver side is at 1 degree or so. And this raises a
question in my mind: What kind of camber should I have? This car is all race
suspension, no factory stuff left so those specs are no good. Should I run
0* camber? or what? I used the gage to check the caster, but it is more than
the gage can handle, stops at 8 degrees or so.

Who makes the best drive shafts? From tranny yoke to pinion yoke? My shaft
is only 26 7/8 from the rear of the tranny to the pinion yoke.Wont be much
twist in that length nor bad vibes either. \

Anybody have any ideas for a good door latch. I have all the factor stuff
and can reinstall it, but something simpler would be my choice. And more
positive.

Well, nuff chit chat for today...

mayf, the ignorant desert rat