Lenco trans for LSR?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lenco trans for LSR?
From: "David Freiburger" <FreiburD@emapUSA.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:26:44 -0700
I've been copied on some messages from the list for a while, but now I've
officially signed up at my direct e-mail address rather than through Rod &
Custom.

Anyway, here's the deal. Keith Turk and I have been back and forth on this one,
so what do you think: is a Lenco appropriate for LSR? You can put together a
five or six-speed with nearly any combination of ratios. I say that the
instant, cluchless shifting will save valuable ground. Keith thinks the
rotating mass of all those planetaries could suck too much power. I'm thinking
of using one in a '79 Trans Am with a big-block for A/GC, A/GALT, and A/FALT.

DF