Re: Inverters?

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Inverters?
From: "Bill & Dee Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 21:54:43 -0400
How big do you think you need? Just remember that 1800 watts is equivalent
to 15 amps at 120 volts. More then enough to power the heaters in your
drysump system. Actually it sounds like a great idea to me just don't think
you need to go out and get no great big 3500 watt inverter unless you had
other plan for it.
Pay close attention to the specs when you go looking. Some of the cheaper
version I have seen are really rated as peak output not constant output and
you might end up with useless piece of junk quickly. Look at the constant
rated output to make your decision.
I wouldn't concern myself with one of the higher dollar "frequency
controlled" inverters unless you intend of running some piece of electronic
equipment like a VCR, TV, or Computer.

Just my 3 cents,
Bill