Re:Re: Inverters?

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Re: Inverters?
From: "Bill & Dee Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:01:14 -0400
Having missed something the first time I read your message, I thought I
might add something. Noticed that you mentioned running the air
compressor.That will heavily tax an inverter. One of the things these type
of inverters don't like is trying to start an induction type motor. They
have a very high starting current. You would have to just about triple the
size of the inverter to run the compressor to get the starting current
necessary.
What size motor is on the compressor? I would be glad to help you figure the
size of the inverter for it. The cost of an inverter this size may be more
than a generator. Quieter is nicer though.

Bill

----- Original Message ----- > > I was wondering if anyone had used a tow
vehicle with a 110V power
> inverter
> > as a generator source at Bonneville ..... or if any of you had thoughts
> > associated with these things..... here is what is on my mind.... seems
> me
> > that Generators are noisy and for the most part I really don't need one
> > run my Oil tank heaters.... I only need one to run the air
Compressor.....