RE: Quiet Net...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Quiet Net...
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 21:11:47 EDT
Well, I don't know about Maxton as I am on the opposite coast where we are
ready to try for 150 mph at El Mirage in 2 weeks. My dad has the '39 ready to
go.

However this weekend, my lucky dad has been helping us repair our tired, worn
out ski boat. The latest is that we are buying a new 350 Chevy to put in it
on the 4th. Never a dull moment with us!

Oh, and I am focusing this summer on training to walk the Portland, Oregon
marathon (September 30) to raise money for the Leukemia Society. Yes, I will
be walking 26.2 miles at about 3 mph, a little slower than my usual "racing"
speed. If any of you are interested in sponsoring me just let me know.

--Katie Young Cortez (Glenn--I, too, have salt fever!)