Re: nitrous question

To: paul bland <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: nitrous question
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 02:50:58 -0600
"Thou the 2 degrees of timing
for every 50hp of
Nitrous seems to be a correct number across the
board."

Some  may want to consider timing issues (ie retard)
with respect to total hp.  IE some cases are going to
require much different retard, depening on the state of
tune of the motor, ie how much BMEP are we making,
before we stuff in the boost, how much timing does the
motor require before the boost?  Just throwing that out there
as a 50 hp boost on a 50 hp motor may require more than
two degrees retard when doubling the power, or  250 hp
hit on a 300hp NA motor that already might be detonation prone
might require more than 10 degrees retard.

Agreed on the lack of switches Keith, I have had lack luster
experiences with Hobbs switches, and throttle micro switches
can create bad situations.
Consider this, most have a hobbs fuel pressure switch between
the pump and the solenoid, if the solenoid fails, your hobbs still
sees full pressure, so guess what, you keep getting nitrous, but
no fuel.  I have run fuel safety switches after the solenoid with
better luck, but what do I know, I havent written any books
or anything groovy like that.

Joe  (wondering how much rain fell on the salt lately)  :)