Re: Harleys

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Harleys
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:28:58 -0000
ME TOO

-  NY DOUG

                       ---------------------------------

From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Harleys
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:32:42 EDT

Group,
        Why is it the "Rice-Burner" guys are always "ragging" on the Harley
and its riders via a nice safe medium such as our LSR chat line instead of
taking the same attitude with one of the tattooed, leathered HD riders we
all
rub elbows with whenever bikers congregate? Don't tell us how much you
loathe
the Harley, tell the guy with all the hair and leathers. Funny, the Harley
riders don't seem to have a problem with the "wannabe" works riders that
"splatter" themselves along our canyon roads every weekend.
        I ride a Harley and thoroughly enjoy it for what it is, which is not
performance, handling, high-tech, or speed. It's just a classic old design
that a large group of us enjoy.
        I don't partake in the Harley gatherings such as Love Ride, Sturgis,
Laughlin, etc. I just enjoy riding my scooter at my own pace on the country
roads near where I live..............................Ardun Doug King