Re: fan or no fan

To: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: fan or no fan
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:10:24 -0700
I have considered a "tic-toc" pump, as you note it makes sense. My guess is the
cars you have worked with have had a large water supply, making a radiator
unnecessary. My only water supply IS the radiator. My dillema here would be
solved by one small device:        I have changed intakes & there is only one
"hole" available for a sending unit. My old set-up had a normal temp gage
sending
unit, and an additional sending unit to turn the fan on at 180 degrees, and turn
it off if it fell below that. Now with one hole (and no place to put another) I
will run the temp gage, BUT, if there was a sending unot out there that would do
BOTH it would be nice. Otherwise I will just wire a switch into the fan and use
it manually. But hey, that is just one more thing to forget in the heat of
battle.........SO, if anybody knows of a combination sending unit. PLEASE let me
know!
Thanks,
Ed