Re: fan or no fan

To: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>,
Subject: Re: fan or no fan
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 18:46:56 -0700
Ed,
     I have an anecdote that argues against the driver control option. The
first year we ran the modified we had an electric pump and a 25 gallon tank.
The driver said not to turn it on at the line as he would do it as soon as
he saw the temp start to rise. That turned out to be a little too late.
Burned it down twice, backsided the pistons just like a top fueler. The
comment was heard "you cant do that on alcohol" but we did. He only drove
for us that once.
Jim in Palmdale,

 Ed Van Scoy wrote:

big snip

Otherwise I will just wire a switch into the fan and use it manually. But
hey, that is just one more thing to forget in the heat of  battle
 Ed