Re: fan or no fan

To: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: fan or no fan
From: William T Smith <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:42:22 -0600 (MDT)
On Skips car we run temp gagues on my eng that are
programable and they will turn the water pumps on at
what ever temp you want. So far we are pleased and we
like the flexability. WmTS

Quoting Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net>:

> I have considered a "tic-toc" pump, as you note it
makes sense. My guess is
> the
> cars you have worked with have had a large water
supply, making a radiator
> unnecessary. My only water supply IS the radiator. My
dillema here would be
> solved by one small device:        I have changed
intakes & there is only
> one
> "hole" available for a sending unit. My old set-up
had a normal temp gage
> sending
> unit, and an additional sending unit to turn the fan
on at 180 degrees, and
> turn
> it off if it fell below that. Now with one hole (and
no place to put
> another) I
> will run the temp gage, BUT, if there was a sending
unot out there that
> would do
> BOTH it would be nice. Otherwise I will just wire a
switch into the fan and
> use
> it manually. But hey, that is just one more thing to
forget in the heat of
> battle.........SO, if anybody knows of a combination
sending unit. PLEASE
> let me
> know!
> Thanks,
> Ed
>
> Dan Warner wrote:
>
> > For years I have run a thermostatically controlled
electric fan on the

> > ********
> >
> > Ed,
> >
> > We haven't used a fan on any car I've worked on in
the last 30 years. I
> do
> > like a thermostatically controlled water pump. Pump
cycles on/off to keep

majordomo@autox.team.net