Re: fan or no fan

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: fan or no fan
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:44:58 -0700
I run a fan, but the radiator is behind me in the trunk. I use a thermal
switch in the motor that turns on the pump and fan at the same time,
roughly 165 deg. F. I have made some changes this year because we were @
240 to 260 F on each run last year. I'm installing a larger suction, a
new water pump and some ducting to get fresh air into the radiator area.
It should help. We will know for sure in about three weeks.

There was some discussion about UPS on line last year. At that time I
supported their dependability. I put it on the line this year when we
sent one of my only eight pistons to JE as a sample to get some spares
made. Well, I can rest easier now and my faith has been rewarded. We got
the sample back Monday so I should be starting assembly of the engine
later this week. If all goes well the engine should be in the car by
Monday of Bonneville week, not bad for me. I don't have the luxury of
trying to break it before Speedweek like Keith does. That is fortunate
because I am more experienced at breaking stuff than he is. (I would put
a locking cap on the oil tank, Keith).

Tom, Redding CA - 104 deg. F. yesterday headed for 107 today - #216 D/GCC