Re: Twin plug Ply

To: "Skip Higginbotham" <saltrat@pro-blend.com>,
Subject: Re: Twin plug Ply
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:35:17 -0400
> What about putting heli-coils in the crank? And adding a drive pin or two
> between the crank and flywheel?

Hi Gents
.
4 bangers have a tendancy to loosen flywheels so, from day one with the
Pinto motor I have used 3 drive pins along with the 6 fasteners.  7/16-20
ARP flywheel bolts have been used pretty successfully.  I have not had a
problem so far. (knock knock).
Flywheel fasteners typically utilize a deformation of the head to provide a
locking feature.  Use of anything other than a bolt designed for this
purpose is not recommended.  (And yeah I still use Loctite.)  Actually I use
Loctite on all fasteners, even SS, to prevent any foreign substance (salt)
from entering the joint and reacting.

Rick Byrnes