Re: Twin plug Ply

To: Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: Twin plug Ply
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 23:46:33 -0700
Rich,
NASCAR engine builders had a problem when they first started using ceramic
coated pistons. The would tune for best power (lean) and low level detonation
would not hole the pistons because of the coating. Instead the detonation
created crankshaft harmonics strong enough to break the snout off the crank.
It's possible your twin plug heads are generating similar conditions.

I agree with your 9/16 bolt approach. ARP has some that should work for you.

Bryan