Re: Speed Week concerns

To: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Subject: Re: Speed Week concerns
From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 07:02:53 -0700
Joe,

Rollie Free ran with the line to his right side.  He kept his head down for
the full run each time according to the documentation Jeff Decker has.  I
would think that riding with your wife's bathing cap instead of a helmet you
could move your head around to see whatever you wanted to see.  Free's
comment after the September 13, 1948 early morning runs wearing just a
bathing suit was about being "blue with the cold."  He had used leathers on
the 147+ average runs leading up to the last two but made the 150.313
average runs wearing only a bathing suit and borrowed tennis shoes to show
the builder of the bike that he was a "qualified rider."  The builders
statement had been "any qualified rider can get 150 out of this bike."

Wes