Axles

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Axles
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 11:30:29 -0400
Bill,

Both Strange and Moser make a good product. I have used both in customer
cars for
many years. From Street, Stock Eliminator, Comp Eliminator, Alky
Dragster, Alky
Funny car, LSR Racing. The only axles I have seen break were ones that
should
have been replaced...twisted from years of abuse, bad bearings that had
spun on
the hub, or badly bent housings. Or 28 spline axles!!!!! For a Ford
rear, do not
use 28 spline axles for anything but a little old lady car...they will
break...only a matter of time!!! The 31 spline axles are fine for what
you are
doing.

Mark Williams axles are absolutely superior to any on the market...but I
wouldn't
spend the money for them unless I was building a NHRA ProStock car.

Personally, Moser is the best bang for your buck...they will make any
bolt
pattern, dual pattern if needed at no additional price. They will
install the
studs and bearings so you get a drop in assembly.

joe