Re: Axles

To: "David Freiburger" <FreiburD@emapUSA.com>, <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: Axles
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 20:52:22 -0700
Guys,
I agree w/ David as that has been my experience
also.However...................................
If you're building new, think about this; (food for thought)
I sell (like new) 31 spline NASCAR axels for $35 each, however, they're for
a "full floating" rear which is standard on all NASCAR cars. There're good
for at least 800 HP which is what the new SB2 motors are putting out today.
I sell a complete rear, (very strong housing, axels, drive plates, Wilwood
calipers, brake pads and rotors, hub caps, new seals, bearings and hubs) for
about $650. These bearings are about four inches in diameter and you can ask
Keith how freely
my car rolls. Add another $350 and I'll give you your choice of
centersection (any ratio from 2:75 on up)
You take the hubcaps off and slide the axels out of the center section in
less than a minute. In another 10 minutes you can have the new centersection
installed, close it up and you're ready to go. (not much longer than a quick
change and more horsepower)
Grib (who's always selling)