Re: LSR in Hot Rod

To: David Freiburger <FreiburD@emapUSA.com>
Subject: Re: LSR in Hot Rod
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:20:19 -0700
David,
I haven't made up my mind yet because I'm not sure what it will mean.
When you say "piston-driven" that would leave out a multi-mazada-engined
Streamliner, right?
And do you mean "Automotive piston-driven" or any powerplant with
pistons such as a motorcycle engine or an Indy Honda?
Also if the Streamliner has multiple engines, must all of the
be "piston-driven"?

David please don't take this wrong. As you know, strange stuff shows
up at Bonneville.
The tank engined lakester stopped me dead in my tracks.

I can certainly see the need to revisit the Trophy qualifications. Until
recently the trophy went to a "Hot Rod" which I define as something that
could be built at home, in a private shop or auto repair business. While
I respect, admire and support all of the fast teams, there's a special
place in my heart for the way racers like Al Teague do it.
As a kid I could dream about doing what Al has done, even if it would
only be a dream. The reality was was wonderful (I/BGS)

The Vesco's and Burkland's leave me in respectful awe, but not dreaming
and for me, Hot Rod was about dreams.

I'm glad the decision is not mine David,
Bryan Savage