Re: LSR in Hot Rod

To: "David Freiburger" <FreiburD@emapUSA.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LSR in Hot Rod
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:08:43 -0400
David
I congratulate Hot Rod Magazine for your recent actions regarding our
passion, Land Speed Racing,  and feel that the traditional "fast speed of
meet" "Hot Rod Trophy" should not be changed, irrespective of motive power.
It takes as much innovative "hot rod" mentality to put a chopper engine into
a liner than a KB Hemi into a roadster and make it work.

Perhaps your organization with its new found connection to Bonneville, would
consider a second trophy that would honor the fastest "non streamliner"
vehicle.  Limiting to coupes, roadsters, and sedans with "conventional"
automotive powerplants, (including Cosworths, Honda, Toyota, Aurora etc etc)
This award is the "Spirit of Hot Rod" (or could be).
This is a rather complex way of solving the problem, but I agree that once
the "Top Speed" criteria is established, It should not change.

Rick Byrnes