Re: Vesco turbine

To: Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vesco turbine
From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 21:32:22 -0700
The thing you probably have to remember is that the horsepower output goes
up in ratio to the turbine rotation speed.  I have no idea of what rpm's are
necessary to get to the 3,700 hp figure.  I''m sure there would have to be
some kind of transmission to get the thing moving at all.  I vaguely
remember reading about them at the time they were running but had no
connection until Rick dropped the comment on Thursday.

Rick Byrnes would be the one with those answers.

Wes