Re: new to list

To: land-speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new to list
From: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 22:16:25 -0400
Jim Bodenheimer wrote:

> Welcome Rick,
> You sure came to the right place for just about any info you could ever
> need.  This list is a huge resource for technical information as well as
> color (or off-color) commentaries of seasoned veterans.  How 'bout a short
> intro as to where are you from, etc...  We did this a while back and found
> out alot about each other.  Good luck in your project and be sure to attend
> events either SCTA or ECTA.  You can learn alot just cruising the pits, but
> beware the purple driving suit!!!!!

So I hear,
I'm about an hour from Toronto, Ontario.
(btw there have been blood drives and everything else up here, they figure ~100
Canadians were in the towers, so you are not alone in any of this.)

I limit the cars to not have a junkyard, but aside from the Pontiac I have a
'77 280 Z Datsun and the obligatory Ford pickup.  The Datsun might be another
possibility for running but right now it is stock, mostly original.

The bikes; I am a Ducati nut; from 250/350 singles to bevel twins and recently
a 'hurt' '99 ST4 that I am repairing with 916 parts.  I have an Aermacchi that
I ran in vintage (got to ride Daytona) and a number in parts right back to a
'37 Indian Scout Junior.
On the bizarre side; I'm a fan of the 215 Buick V8s and I have plans for a bike
using one.  Another might be destined for the Datsun.  That's an example of a
motor that was in production in '61 but there was design and early work well
back in the 50s.  Anybody have any of those in XO class?

Other lists; Ducati and a motorcycle chassis design list, so I know how
valuable these can be.
Maybe I should just buy this to run ;-)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1636040813
Cheers,