Re: MOTOR PLATE QUESTION

To: fosterap@flash.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MOTOR PLATE QUESTION
From: "Phillip Landry" <saltracer@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 18:22:29
Hi Jerry,
My two cents worth:
NEVER use a front mount and rear trans mount. This puts the transmission
bellhousing in great stress. We are using front motor mounts, mid motor
plate and rear trans mount (all solid). Looking bad I probably would have
made the rear trans mount adjustable up/down,and front/back to match up to
the motor mounts and allow for any small missalignment. Actually, we're
redoing our front motor mounts now to use a different water pump setup. Phil

>From: "JERRY  FOSTER" <fosterap@flash.net>
>To: "LSR Group" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
>Subject: MOTOR PLATE QUESTION
>Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 08:43:29 -0500
>
>I'm building the motor plates for my roadster this weekend.  Should I go
>with
>front and rear motor plates and also a solid trans mount?  Seems to me that
>solid mounts in three places would       the engine/trans out of alignment
>when you tighten it all down.  Or should I go with front motor plate and
>solid
>trans mount only?  Thoughts and ideas welcome.  Thanks, Jerry Foster in
>Dallas

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
P1010087.JPG]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
P1010088.JPG]