Re: Fire stuff

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Fire stuff
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:04:13 -0800 (PST)
I believe the purpose of the safety switch is to shut off the engine and to
eliminate any possibility of arcing that may ignite any spilled fuel.
  Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com> wrote: Hi all,
I believe that thepurpose of the battery shut off switch is to disconnect
the battery after a crash. This is so there are no live wires that could
start a fire as a result of rescue efforts. I do not think the main purpose
is to shut off the engine. Am I right Glen?
Jim in Palmdale, whos car aint got no battery