Re: Freeze Plugs

To: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net>,
Subject: Re: Freeze Plugs
From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 19:30:27 -0800
My doctor recommends super glue for split skin on fingers and thumbs in cold
weather.  I was extolling Hand Medic from Go-Jo as a preventative.  He said
it may be great but after you get those splits that. can be very painful and
last for weeks, the super glue will help them heal much faster.  He said
they use it for some surgeries to avoid scarring.  Can't be all bad!

Wes

on 11/11/01 6:16 PM, Ed Van Scoy at edvs@uswest.net wrote:

> <snip> I used Super Glue on small to medium cuts he about had a cow. I
> still use it.
> Now THAT is hot rodder ingenuity!
> Ed (I use duct tape for band-aids........)
> "Bryan A. Savage Jr" wrote:
>
>> Ed,
>> JB Weld is wonderful and so is Super Glue.
>> I've been on a blood thinner for years. It makes me bleed worse than
>> a stuck pig. I tried different ways to stop the bleeding of average
>> cuts and finally came up with something that works good for me.
>> When I told my doctor, years ago, that  Of course I'm very
>> careful to make sure the cut is clean and sterilized first.
>>
>> Bryan
>>
>> Ed Van Scoy wrote:
>>>
>>> Can't help you with the freeze plugs, but JB Weld will fix that nasty
>>> Ed