Re: Young Blood

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Young Blood
From: "Steve Pitt" <stpitt@zipcon.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:59:15 -0800
Grib, List,
I agree with you Grib, as there are some very serious racers among the
import crowd.  In my part of the country, mostly on the drag strips, but
there are some very fast and well engineered cars that would probably do
very well at any of the LSR events.  Unfortunately they're overshadowed and
stereotyped by the bolt on, big wheel, boom box boys tearing around on the
streets.  If there is, in fact, an effort to create some interest in LSR
from the younger crowd, a portion of that interest will come in the form of
the buzzy little 4 bangers as well as the 18-26 non-import kids you mention.
An opinion from a non-racing, but avid fan.
Steve Pitt