Re: Young Blood

To: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Young Blood
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:19:51 -0800
List,
For the most part MuscleMotorSports is a speed shop, and we get a lot of
youngsters come in who have, want, will be building or want to buy a HotRod.
Of the 18-26 year age group we see more non-import than import. At the local
drag strips we see the same. I get a lot of kids in that want real
"American" horsepower. I'm an early Baby Boomer so you know where my ideals
run regarding HotRods, not imports.

However, on the street we see a lot of imports with aftermarket stuff on
them. They go fast and that makes them racers! My take of this is that these
racers can purchase a lower price, highly engineered car they can make into
their HotRod and perhaps not be a mechanic or car builder. There's lots of
bolt on performance stuff for these cars and it's easier to "soup" them up
than it is a new Camero.

I would welcome them to the Sport. I am surprised that I don't see more of
these cars at LSR events. If they are truly racers, the LSR "Sport" should
automatically attract them and all we should have to do is let them know it
exists. Magazines like Hot Rod and shows like Supervision should help.

Grib
"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of your
life"